Sunday, July 10, 2011

First Day of Tha Big Trip!!!

After a whole night (okay 7 hours) spent in the Corsairfly Airbus (I chose it ‘cause it was the cheapest flight) that was scheduled to bring me to Paris-Orly departing from YUL, I ran like crazy to get my luggage back and find the RER station to get to Charles-de-Gaulles, the biggest airport.
I have to say that I was already über tired and had to run my life to get there on time to catch my flight for Oslo. My first flight had been delayed by an hour and 20 minutes and my second flight was being delayed by 45 minutes. I wasn't that stressed out anymore (too much fatigue probably) but I knew for sure that I wouldn't be on time to catch my flight for Stavanger.
When I got to Oslo, I hurried the fuck up to get to "baggage drop", and pass security in order to catch my last flight which was supposed to be quick'n smooth. Unfortunately, the moment I showed my boarding pass to the SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) counter agent, he told me I couldn't hop on my flight to Stavanger as I was coming in too late. Not only did he announce me that incredibly frustrating news, he also gnarly asked me why I was so late. Goddamnit was I pissed it! I was like "Vennligst you dummie but both my flights are with SAS, tain't my problem if YOU guys brought me in so late! I'm from Canada, I traveled all day, I'm on jet lag and I didn't sleep since 48 hours so could you fucking accomodate me?!".
He seemed to suddenly be willing to cooperate, use his best judgment and help me pull my shit together to get to Western Norway. He gently asked me if I would prefer take the next plane in an hour but with no certainty of boarding or wait two hours and be assured to get on board with this flight. I was so pissed that I preferred to wait two hours instead of taking a chance and be sure that I'd leave than have high hopes to board after an hour, be refused and get a third boarding pass for the same flight!!!
My final flight was okay and I landed at the very cute and charming Sola airport located west of Stavanger. It was sunny and warm when I landed and Nizza was already waiting for me in the hall even before I got to "baggage claim". I was more than thrilled to reunite after a whole year! It's so nice that her and I kept in touch for that long even if we had met at a hostel in Nice and didn't even spend that much time together! I guess that's what the old saying means: "quality, not quantity".
I was overexcited to be with Nizza and her dad as they were bringing me to her place just a little bit south (Bryne) illico. I got to see her artsy and hipster appartment, have a chat and gossip about our forecasted trip, adventures and misadventures of course!
That first night, I might have been on jet lag but I didn't want to be a bullet to Nizza and since it was friday night, we decided to go out on the town of Stavanger. I was instantly shocked to learn that taking the train was 18$ for a one-way trip and this, after the student discount had reduced the price by 25% or so!!!
The town was very exquisite at night and truly had that Viking's haven type of feeling but as I was tired and felt a bit overwhelmed by all that travelling in one day, I didn't really feel like partying. I could see that Nizza really wanted to go so we went to like two bars in a row. The Scandinavian people might be cold and reserved, alcohol warms them up rapidly and they get utterly hyper and impulsive when they've drunk!
That evening, I could hardly keep my eyes open and all I remember is that the booze was overly expensive (like 16$ for a beer), everyone was screaming and shaking dust all over the place and that we met a friend of Nizza's called Ingrid who was leaving for Greece the following day. I don't remember much more than that lol! We ended up taking the last train at 2h35 am and went to bed at 4am! Killer day lol! Nizza and I were meant to strive accross Europe! Love U hon'!

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...