Sunday, July 3, 2011

Song of the Week (June 27th to July 3rd)

I'm posting this so late!!! I'm traveling y'all it's hard to post articles on time!!!

I chose this song as this week's anthem because it sounds fresh and is actually refreshing. These kinds of songs make each summer memorable and anchored in our souvenirs.

Of course I love Nicki Minaj; I think she's a fashionable chameleon capable of morphing into different genres and roles with no issue whatsoever. Not only is she one of a few female rappers that dress like classy women (that being said, she dressed up, unlike other female rappers that went to jail... We won't name names.. hu-uhm!)

Nicki is also a but more politically-correct and less vulgar than most rappers. I do believe she's genuinely passionate about music not just gangsta life. Nicki strives to maintain her street cred and while still trying her shot at high Fashion. Good combination if you ask me!

Make sure to not only listen to the song but also watch the clip; I think it's truly worth it, it's a piece of Art! It's a bit Lil' Kim reminiscent with a hint of Keshia Chanté and the end characters could be dubbed as "Barbarella meets Smurfette" lol. I love their choreography, Nicki's multiple outfits and the fluorescent hair and makeup! Solely black women could look good dressed like that! You skinny white bitches wouldn't work it any close as good as this!

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...