Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Future Ink

2011 has had a rough start for me and I'm glad I made it through its first four months.

Funny enough, I've always been one of those people to critize tattooed folks and say that it's a tacky and goofy form of Art for the young and the restless. Believe it or not, "The Big Dog" changed his mind and now wishes to eventually get inked. Since inked tattoos are permanent, one might want to consider different possibilities and areas to possibly be immortalized.

As I don't want to have a tattoo on an impulse and would like to think about it first, I'm currently trying to figure out what kind of tattoo I would like to have. I know what I don't want, which is off to a good start! There's no way I'm getting guns, dead skulls, flowers, butterflies, rainbows, gay stuff, dolphins, tribal shit, chinese letters or even worse, the name of a past or actual boyfriend! Even though I have none as of now, I do believe there's nothing worse than a pierced heart with an arrow and a banner showcasing the name of a boyfriend. Whereas in the 21th century, people get separated and divorced multiple times during their lives, it would very irrelevant and silly to have that inked on you!

Back when I was 11 years old, I went to famed Montreal attraction park "LaRonde" for a day out with my babysitter (lol). That day, there were attraction kiosks where you could buy teddy bears, candies and get fake henna tattoos. Being über-childish, I instantly went for the temporary tattoo kiosk and took a look at their books or tattoos on display. I found one with initals and names and found the initial category very interesting. As I can remember, I had my initials tattooed in the crook of my arm. The initials' caligraphy was quite lovely and looked Middle Age-ish and stuff and I liked it a lot. I do have to say that I remembered this tattoo up to this day and I think that if I ever decide to truly undergo tattooing some place on my body, I may consider my initials as potential.

I believe that tattoos should be done after someone's lived something rough and feels like getting a physical commemorative acquisition on his body. After having my best friend undergo depression, getting bad grades at school, arguing with other close friends and living with all kinds of weird emotions, I felt like winter 2011 was a test for me and that I still have some important things to learn from my mistakes and from life's outcomes. I'm also slowly realizing that adulthood is taking its toll on me and that I need to get serious, settle down and be thankful toward my family and God for what he gave me. I don't intend to end my post with a religious appraisal (lol!), but I firmly think that some people are living with eyes wide shut (like Stanley Kubrick's movie) and need to get a dose of reality since we only have one life to live and one heart to give...!

Therefore, I will continue to think about whether or not I want to have a tattoo but I think I might stick to my idea and if that is the case, I'll probably get it done before leaving for Europe at the end of June. I guess a small tattoo with my initals shouldn't too much of a tiring body decoration and shall make my "pâté" even more unique (lol). To me, initals truly mean something as they genuinley represent yourself but in a subtle way (it doesn't showcase your whole name), and as relevant as it may seem, you should normaly keep the same name your whole life, that is unless you want to change your last name for your husband's or hate your name so much that you'd like to get it legally changed. I also like the fact that having your initials tattooed on you makes you look like a badass gangster. Tattoos can also be fashionable; models like Ana Beatriz Barros, Noah Mills, Gisele Bündchen, Freja Beha Erichsen and designer Marc Jacobs all have tattoos.

Otherwise, I think initials are there to last, especially in my case. I do like my initals: P.R. It also makes me think of public relations, press release, permanent revolution, permanent residency, peer review, Power Rangers (lol), "Precisely Right", Puerto Rico, Portuguese Republic, positive-real, peripheral resistance, photo refractive, "Project Reality", perpendicular recording, performance rating, pay roll (!) and finally, proportional representation!!!

I guess after reading the above-mentioned terms and names which P.R. can stand for, you might agree with me that not only does it stand for my whole name, it is also a very cool and hype abbreviation! That being said, I still have no clue regarding where I'd like my tattoo to be done; I don't want it at a place where fat might likely get stocked or where skin stretches most often or at a too visible place. Furthermore, I'm trying to decide which place would be better between: the ankle, the shoulder blades, the hips, lower back, the wrist, the arm or the buttocks. Can someone help me?!

Marc Jacobs's tattoos

Brazilian beauty Ana Beatriz Barros's tattoo

David Beckham's tattooed arms

Temporary Henna tattoo on hands

Beckham's hot tattoed body

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...