Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Portrait of an Overly-Tattooed Male Model : Rick Genest

I made a very intriguing discovery as I documented myself about Lady Gaga's music video for "Born This Way" and that involves the Zombie-looking guy around which Gaga dances and blows bubble gum. As you probably already know, I'm a big fan of Zombie movies so the minute I saw the incredibly-tattooed Rick Genest, I made a mental note to myself to go check info about him later. As I forgot, my mom was there to remind me as she handed me "La Presse" one saturday morning and said: "oh it's incredible how Lady Gaga made this guy so big and famous while the only thing going on about him is his body being completely tattooed"! That's when I logged onto the net and found some info.

Seems like "Zombie Boy" AKA Rick Genest was born in 1985 in my hometown, Montréal, Québec and was discovered a year ago when Lady Gaga's Fashion director Nicola Formichetti eavesdropped about a fan page of his on Facebook. Genest went on to model for Thierry Mugler and was featured in GQ Style UK and Vogues Hommes Japan. More recently, he was featured in Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" video where Gaga wears makeup that replicates Genest's tattoos. Interestingly enough, he's one of them people whom I admire for getting inked...! Although I just wrote that, I want to reassure you that I WON'T get my whole body tattoed like him!


On the runway for Mugler with a strikingly tall female model


 



--> Lady Gaga's music video for "Born This Way":

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...