Friday, August 19, 2011

Lil' Apology & Excuses...!!!

Hey there! I'm writing this down to simply apologize for the huge delay that I now have with my narrating of my European adventures and of course, misadventures! I wanted to write as often as I could but I ended uup taking 14 flights in 45 days and I also spent three whole days traveling by train! I calculated that I probably spent around 72 hours moving from place to place, that's like three whole days non-stop!!! I visited 11 countries overall!!! And trust me, these countries were not always next to one another, meaning I had to take quite long flights between them. Our whole trip (I was traveling with Terrine and Nizza) covered four time zones!

I started out with Western Norway (Stavanger region, Rogaland) and had to stop in Paris and Oslo to reach that place. Then went to Stockholm, Sweden for four or five days. We all gathered in London, at a hostel not too too far from Russell Square and Terrine and I had to leave everybody after the sixth day because as we had planned it before, we headed to Israel for a whole week. After Israel, we flew to Italy and visited Venice and Florence which were both more exquisite than what you could ever imagine! The train (Trenitalia) brought us to Nice, France where my friend Erik hosted us for six days. The train was waiting for us once again as we railed across France to reach Spain. We stayed in Barcelona for a night until we flew to Lisbon, Portugal to reunite with Nizza. That was pretty much the best part of the trip as we took it really easy, got loose about our respectives diets (:-P), tanned on the beach and did a Pubcrawl which led us crawling to our dorms! The last segment of the "Bigass Trip" as we had entitled, was Morrocco where we sojourned in Casablanca for four days. Royal Air Maroc brought us back home last saturday and I've spent my time pretty much sleeping, exercising and seeing friends.

That's why this is a promise that I am making to you, dear readers: I will write EVERYTHING that happened during this trip so that you'll be able to savor each crispy and juicy detail of it :-P!!! There's a lot to say, trust me! Not only will I give you all the info you need in case you want to visit these destinations, I will also tell you all about my traveling depravity and behavioural excess lol! When "The Big Dog" is traveling, he doesn't give a rat's ass about what people have to say about him, he just got it going on for Christ's sake! Oh and talking about Christ, Terrine and I went into the "Holy City" of Jerusalem during our stay in Israel. Stay tuned for further articles if you wanna know all about it!

Now I'll over-expose myself and pull an attention whore outta me and tell you what I did since I came back. Okay so last saturday night, Terrine and I landed on YUL's heated tarmac at around 5h45 pm. We had to wait almost an hour to pass the customs to go back to Canada as the customs hall was completely packed with arrivals. We then headed straight and violently to "baggage claim" and kicked them lousy fuckers who take all the space available to pick up your luggage. We hurried to the exit to see my two parents, Terrine's mother who seemed quite joyful (a first in years) and her incredibly cute and edible younger brother who was sporting a little camisole and a cap which made him look sexier than ever. Okay I'll need to stop talking about her brother unless I want to hear that she finds me obsessed again!

My parents and I left the airport and headed directly to my native South Shore to eat at a restaurant as we were all auto-digesting. Fabulous Andy arrived at our house even before us and I had the pleasure to have a chat with her until 3 am! The day after (which was my 1st full day at home), I woke up at 9am and went to Strøm (a spa) accompanied by Jizzabelle, Merry and another friend of theirs. I loved the spa right away as it was on Île-des-Soeurs, which is located a few kilometers from downtown and offered a nature-surrounded environment that made us forget our proximity to busy and noisy downtown. I was scheduled to attend the Gay pride with Fabulous Andy but missed it because I decided to stay longer at the spa. After the spa we went to Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert and ate like pigs (well, especially me).

Since that very first day, I didn't work a single hour nor shift at my job but spent a lot of time unpacking my luggages, sleeping and seeing all of the friends I haven't seen in the last two months! I also did quite a lot of sports -which I'm really proud of- such as biking (45 kilometers in one day!), going to the gym and I also went walking along the St-Lawrence river to bethink myself and spend some time alone. To be completely honest with you, this last "Bigass Trip" has been longer and busier than any other trips I've ever done but it went by so fast as I was always surrounded by other friends and we kept incredibly busy with our fully-loaded days. This all led me not to have a single day alone, by myself which I actually needed lol! I don't want it to sound mean but sometimes, a brotha gotta keep things to himself ya know?! Anyways, since I'm back, I feel really broke but I learned that I'll be working four days next week, which will enable me to replenish my wallet!!! Amen.

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...