Thursday, August 18, 2011

Song of the Week (August 15th to August 21st)

OMFG I can't believe this is my first "Song of the Week" article since more than a month and half! I'm so sorry if I didn't have time to do this! Trust me I've been hella busy with all my travelling! I actually checked my blog multiple times while travelling but didn't really get any time to sit down and write as Terrine, Nizza and I shared my computer and as we were busy partying, teasing constipated bastards at our hostels, discovering new cities and countries, eating like pigs, drinking heavily and snorting Snus.

I hope the blog doesn't seem too left apart because of the few articles I wrote during the month of July. I truthfully wish I had had more time to write on it even though I was traveling but hey, roaming through 11 countries and taking 14 flights in a month and a half kept me busy! Several weird events took place in different locations where I went during the summer and this leaves me thinking I'm cursed and bring bad luck! First there was the bombing and shooting attempt led by the crazy Norwegian in Oslo, then Amy Winehouse died in Camden, a city around London that we visited a few days before her death, than some shootings and hostilities in Israel, terrorist attempts in Morrocco and riots in London!!! I still don't get it but whatchuwant, I'm not directly involved into these series of unfortunate events! Unless I really am cursed which may be a red alarm for all the people living in the Montreal area :-P!

Okay so let's focus here -my bad-, the song that I chose as this week's winner is none other than Amy Winehouse's "You Know I'm No Good" and this for several reasons. The first being simply because she was a gifted singer with a huge talent, a captivating voice and interesting melodies and music and also because "You Know I'm No Good" sounds awesome. The second being because I'm kinda sad she died even though a lot of people had foreseen it -including myself- as she had abused of way too many harmful substances, had an irregular heartbeat, premature lung diseases and that her body was obviously underweight. The third reason why I chose this song is because I like the fact that she's very humble in her lyrics and tells the guy she's no good for him. It makes up for a very melancholic track which reminds me of the feeling that I often get when I want to date guys that I feel are too good or too perfect for me.

 R.I.P. Amy, your music will never be forgotten. Amy entered the 27 club because just like a few other Rock Stars (such as Kurt Kobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison) who had drug problems, she died at the tender age of 27. So sad. I wish Amy could no that she was indeed good and that millions of fans loved her around the globe and that everybody admired her talent.

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...