Wednesday, February 29, 2012

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

Okay I know it may be a bit late to blog about Whitney Houston's trespassing but I just didn't have the time. Which doesn't mean I didn't care, hell no. I LOVED Whtiney and was incredibly afflicted and distressed to learn that she had passed away. The way I got to learn was actually pretty memorable and weird. I was working at my restaurant and was very busy. I had a group and needed to hurry the fuck up to bring them pieces of cake and as I was cutting the cake to serve my customers, one of the waiters at my job passed by and glanced at me with the most serious face in the world and said "Whitney Houston died".

Whether or not he knew that I was a fan, I felt like he could feel my pain! Actually, Gabuschka and Nadem knew that I was a big fan as we had listened to her torch hits in my car before and had sung along with it as loud as our lungs would allow us but that waiter, I didn't know he had a clue about my Whitney fever. 

I didn't know if it was a hoax or if it was true but deep down inside, I felt like it had to be true. My dear friend Fabulous Andy was waiting for me to finish my shift that night as we were supposed to go celebrate Jizz and Larah's B-Dayz at St-Helen's Island after my shift. I rushed to Fabulous Andy and asked her to verify on her iPhone about Whitney's death. She said she couldn't connect on the local WiFi so we had to wait until we were home to ascertain the info.

I realized that it wasn't a hoax by reading the most trustworthy media source out there: http://perezhilton.com! I was so sad when I read the official announcement. The day after her death was the GRAMMYs and also my Managerial Accounting midterm exam! I was so depressed to have an accounting exam (I hate accounting) on a sunday afternoon, combined with Whitney's death, a ass-cold outside temperature of -15 and lack of sleep! At least I got to watch the GRAMMYs that evening and forget about my exam and watch Jennifer Hudson's tribute to the late'n great Whitney.

We have lost a beautiful and talented woman, artist, songtress and sista. God rest her soul. We shall never forget you Whitney, especially me, I will always love you!





My favourite songs of hers of all time:

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...