Friday, April 22, 2011

Them Missed Shows

Here I want to demonstrate you how disappointing and restrictive it is to go to school and to work at the same time.

Can you believe there are PLENTY of amazing tours stopping at Montréal's Bell Centre and I can't attend any show that's scheduled?!

Indeed, Enrique Iglesias, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and my all-time Aussie favourite Kylie Minogue are all about to be performing live in Montreal. Enrique came here last month and got bad reviews (lol!), the newly out dad of two Martin was there last week (April 12th), MC Gaga will be there on the 25th and Kylie will be performing here for the first time EVER next thursday! I'm so so sad not to be able to make it for any of these events!!! Can you believe it? Like seriously, I'm here in town, I love all of these artists (some less than others though), I have money but I can't attend because my agenda woudln't allow me! What's even more ironic is the fact that I'm walking next to the Bell centre every day to commute to school! Miserable me!

Okay I have to say that the only three ones that I truly would've been willing to pay to go see would be Kylie, Ricky and Lady Gaga. Rihanna is no singer and performs like an amateur (I think she's definitely over-rated) and annoys me way too much. I won't say I dislike her music but she ain't no Mariah nor Céline. Unlike Ricky, Enrique hasn't come out yet which makes me resent him. Just like Rihanna, I think Katy Perry sucks live and I wouldn't be willing to spend a penny on her Californian gurl's ass. 

Lady Gaga seems to love Montréal (and Montréal loves her back) so I'm not too worried or disappointed not to be attending her show since I know for sure that she'll come back; she gave like 5 shows here in the last 2 years and even went to perform live at Star Épidémie (real name: Star Académie). If Gaga still comes here even after meeting Julie Snyder, that means she's one hell of a persevering sista! Oh I also need to inform you that Lady Gaga celebrated her 23rd birthday in Laval two years ago... I guess she pretty much affectionates Quebec and the Montreal area! It will be Gaga's 3rd time holding a show in Montréal for the same tour: The Monster Ball Tour.

Ricky is so sexy and so generous (two must-have qualities; you must be generous enough to share your sexiness with me) that I'd clearly pay to go see him live. I used to be such a huge fan back when I was 8 years old! I saw him perform his best songs like "Livin' La Vida Loca" and "She Bangs" at Véronique Cloutier's successful show "La Fureur" when I was younger and made a mental note to myself to be him when I grew older. I can't really claim I've been successful at becoming Ricky since I'm not Puerto Rican, didn't release any album yet but I have several similarities with Mr. Martin; I'm a modern gay man, I'm livin' La Vida Loca, I know plenty of girls who "bang", I like to shake my "Bon-Bon", I don't want to be lonely, I plan to adopt or have twin sons via surrogacy and the best thing about me is you (my readers :-P)!!! LOL, enough "folies"!

As for Miss Minogue, I just LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART!!! I'll never be able to get that bangin' flawless lady out of my head, la la la la la...!!! I've pretty much followed her career path since 2001 when she released her incredibly outstanding single "Can't Get You Out of My Head"! I mean the clip was so futuristic with all her Jean-Paul Gaultier outfits and stuff that were very "5th Element" reminescent. Kylie has numerous unforgettable hits (and raunchy music videos) such as: "Slow" (next to La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona with a cute diver wearing a speedo), "Red Blooded Woman", "Chocolate", "All The Lovers" (yummy), "Get Out Of My Way", "It's In Your Eyes", "Come Into My World", "Love At First Sight", "2 Hearts", "Wow" and so many more!!! Kylie is a queen and a true diva and is more respectable than Madonna if you ask me. My dad doesn't agree with me on that; he thinks Madonna is a much better artist but even if I don't disagree, I'm a bit saturated with Madge so I'd rather stick to Kylie. Plus I'm going to the United Kingdom this summer and she's HUGE out there, even bigger than here! So sad I have a Marketing exam on the 28th that forbids me to attend her show!!! I'll never be able to forgive Wendy Keller (my professor) for that!

--> The following pic-list displays the six tours that I mentionned in my article in order of the least interesting (according to price/quality and my taste, of course) to the most interesting:

6. Rihanna: "The Loud" Tour

5. Katy Perry: "California Dreams" Tour
4. Enrique Iglesias: "Euphoria" Tour
3. Ricky Martin: "Musica Alma Sexo" World Tour

2. Lady Gaga: "The Monster Ball" World Tour

1. Kylie Minogue's "Les Folies" Tour
--> For the record: This is my 100th post!!! How exciting?!

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...