Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Artwork by Michael Breyette

Ah Michael Breyette! I think I told you about how much I worship him hein?! Well turns out that Mr. Breyette surpassed himself just recently with his new Artwork entitled "Fountain of Youth". Most of the time, I like his work, concepts, ideas and creative directions but some other times, I'm a bit disappointed by it. Just like any other artist, he's got some admirable work and some less exciting ones. But let's be honest: Breyette is the master of oil pastel and homoerotic Art. He's an LGBT hero!

"Fountain of Youth" is incredibly endearing and inspiring to me; not only because the beefy grey-haired man depicted on the photo is really hot 'n sexy but also because the concept of growing older but staying sexy is really important to me. My goal is to reach the '60s and still be fuckable. I don't want people to look at me and be like "eww what an old bag" ya know?! I want people to like "ouhlala school me daddy"!!! By this I also mean that I'd like to stay in shape, avoid wrinkles and love handles, keep my goddamn hair that's already starting to thinnen and keep meine Deutsche Wurst fat, active and ready to pop tha jam! 

The hot man on the painting is seen bathing in what implicitly represents the so-called "Foutain of Youth" that is legendary for supposedly having the power to rejuvenate one's body, mind and soul. By body we also talk about face and hands lol! 

I'm always very eager and interested to read Breyette's comments and quotes regarding his latest work, here is his attached text:
 Immersed in the calm serenity of an oasis, the cool clear water like silk upon the skin, the air is fresh and alive and within you you feel an inner peace and joy. The bounty of nature provides all the nutrients for the body and tranquility rejuvenates the mind. You've found your fountain of youth.

The desire to retain or regain ones youth is nothing new. Even centuries before Ponce de Leon went searching for it in 1513 there have been myths about a magical fountain with rejuvenating powers. Today we use chemicals and lasers to burn our skin, and inject stuff into our faces, but perhaps the answer is simply in natural and nutrient rich foods, being in harmony with nature and seeing life as an adventure to be enjoyed not a battle or a race to be won. If you're racing through it, you're gonna miss a lot and just end up tired and gasping for breath at the end.
So inspiring and mesmerizing! Posted below are close snapshots of his work and the entire picture. Enjoy!!!
 




Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...