Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Movember Ends Tomorrow...

Movember (November) ends tomorrow and I couldn't be happier! Of course I understand that a lot of us men want to support that cause (conceived by Australians back in 1999) which is to collect charities for research on male sickness such as prostate cancer but at the same time, isn't it f-ugly to grow such a humongus mutant moustache during the whole length of the month?!

Personally, I couldn't even think about growing a moustache because not only would my skin itch like hell, I'm also a waiter and no restaurant would dare have waiters flaunting such bulky moustaches in public and serve customers with them. Not only doesn't it look clean, it also looks ridiculous! If you plan to grow a moustache but that you trim it and groom it, I say go for it but if you intend to just let it monopolize all of the space available under your nose and sideways, I say HELL NO. A moustache can truly ruin one's face! Just take for example Terrine's younger brother; he's one of the cutest-looking young men I know and he let his moustache grow for Movember. Well it turns out he looks a thousand times less cute now as he now sports a pedophile look.

 Being a man myself, I'm afraid of prostate cancer! That's why I think the Movember Foundation is a brilliant idea but I'm still unsure of the whole moustache-growing thing. I also don't really understand how simply growing a moustache will bring awareness of funds to the foundation. It's not like we're going to give money to all the men we bump into in the subway that have a moustache?! It cannot really be compared to "défi têtes rasées" where people collect funds prior to shaving their heads for a cause. I'm afraid the concept of Movember has to be implemented and framed in a way that men (and women) understand more the reason why they're growing a moustache other than fooling around with it.

I almost think that growing a beard would be hotter and a better idea than a moustache. I mean we're in 2011 and it's not like we're all living in Mexico so a moustache is a bit out of fashion...!!! Anyways,  let's celebrate that it ends tomorrow and rejoice the fact that all the cute and good-looking men will go back to their good looks by getting rid of these dustpans under their noses!



 

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...