Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Song of the Week (May 23rd to May 29th)

Faithful to the tradition, I'm posting my "song of the week" article three days late (it's always at least two days late)!!! I have a huge excuse this week as I had two Midterm exams on the same day (!) for Advertising and Financial Accounting that were worth 20% and 40% of the whole grade respectively! I had to pull my shit together to study for these exams and be ready. It was hard especially since the weather's getting better from day to day and I simply feel like going out, working out, bathing in the sun, chilling with friends, sleeping and well, pretty much doing anything but working or studying!

I celebrated the end of that stressful day yesterday by grabbing a beer at a nearby bar (Sports Station) with a couple of friends (who were almost all Asians), ate a huge Poutine with sausages and headed back home with my eyes barely open! This week's song is "Beautiful People" by no one else but Chris Brown... I know, you won't be proud of me for doing some publicity for a Wife beater but I really like the song. It's actually a duet between famous DJ Benny Benassi and Beat-Her-Down himself. I have to say that despite the fact that Le P'tit Criss beat the shit out of Rihanna, I still find him cute and attractive.

I don't think what he did was appropriate or forgivable but I think it's part of the past and maybe we should forget about it. I mean they had their own business going on and they went to court and stuff; let them mind their own business! Chris Brown is setting the record straight and coming back clean and sober (I hope so) so let's give him a chance! He's still got that contagious smile, cute yet sexy look and bod that makes you want to scream "come over here rude boy"!!! Lol did I really write that?! Yes, I did! I like the concept behind the song and the fact that it talks about traveling around the world (which I love to do and wish to do), meeting people from all countries, origins, speaking different languages and having different beliefs (religions) and that there are beautiful people everywhere that we can go.

That being said, it is extremely true that there are beautiful people everywhere, we just have to broaden our horizons, look around and open our minds. I also like that fact that the adjective "beautiful" would normally mean good-looking or sexy but that it can also mean generous, nice, interesting, peaceful, hard-working and admirable. Think of all these lovely elderly people willing to play cards with you and tell you their stories; they're everywhere, just like all the dynamic and excited kids around the world! The world is yours to discover (and mine as well). Well guess what, I'll discover it this summer (traveling in 10 countries) and this track has the potential to be my anthem! You go Chris Brown, enjoy guys! 

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...