Sunday, May 8, 2011

Song of the Week (May 8th to May 15th)

Can you believe I'm posting this an hour and a half in advance?! That's crazy right?! It's pretty much the first time it happens and there are reasons for that!

The first being that I'm really excited since I finished my shift under tha Hut a lot earlier today as there was nobody out there! 

The second being because my mom just left for Greece and will have a blast with her cousin and her sister; which makes me happy for her.

The third being because this week's chosen song is "Judas" by the one and only, Miss Lady Gaga!!!

That's it, this song is driving me nuts, I just love it and find it very original! It's very catchy and uptempo, plus the beat is very loud and definitely danceable. The lyrics are undeniably sought-after and worthwhile the reading. The video's just been released five days ago and it's already been viewed by 11 million people on youtube, how crazy?! Maybe a new record for Gaygay?!

While "Born This Way" focused solely on Gaga's gay fanbase and her will to encourage them embrace their differences, their sexuality, love themselves and give them a sense of pride, "Judas" is a weird genre of contemporary metaphor regarding Mary Magdalene, Jesus and Judas. It's pretty controversial, provocative and risqué. I'm sure the Pope will ban the song and thus, the video or maybe in reverse order but still, it's guarenteed to gather much critism but also some apparaisal for her artistic approach and the originality of the theme she's worked with.

The fact that the clip has been partially shot in Jerusalem just makes me shiver! Can you believe she shot something so "unholy" in THE holy city, in THE Holy land!!! Given that added to the fact that Terrine and I will be visiting Jerusalem this summer makes me even more feverish to get there and unravel all the wonders that's happened there two thousand years ago!

"In the most Biblical sense,
I am beyond repentance,
Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind,
But in the cultural sense,
I just speak in future tense,
Judas kiss me if offensed,
Or wear ear condom next time"

These lyrics are like a cockslap; they're unforgettable and will smash you in the face!!! We could almost perceive this song and video as a tribute to Mary Magdalene lol! Anyways, enjoy Jesus, Gaga and their squad of "little monsters"!!!




Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...