Thursday, February 10, 2011

Montreal Fashion Week : Dinh Ba Design

I attended my first Fashion show ever last night during Montreal Fashion Show woo!! I was Fashion Show virgin before that. Of course, I had watched so many ones online that I had a fairly good idea of what it was but still, nothing beats the real thing!
The Dinh Ba Design Fashion Show was held
at the Marché Bonsecours on February 8th,
image provided by Journal 24h
Since I'm always late in the news and always learn that I missed the Fashion Week, I decided not to take any chance and play safe by purchasing a ticket in advance! I'm very proud of myself! For once! 'Cause it's been like 3 years that I want to attend "La Semaine de mode de Montréal" and I always miss it. But once again, I wasn't that much in advance and when I arrived to buy a ticket, my top 4 Runways were already sold out! How sad! I wanted to attend whether Yves Jean Lacasse, Ralph Leroy, Denis Gagnon or Marie Saint Pierre. Since all 4 were sold out, I picked my 5th choice as quick as possible to make sure I wouldn't fall lower than my Top 5 lol! So I ended up with 2 tickets for Dinh Ba Design. By looking at the official website of Montreal's Fashion Week (http://montrealfashionweek.ca/ ), I checked the designers, the schedule for the runways and Dinh Ba Design's website (http://www.dinhbadesign.com/ ).

Dinh Ba himself (provided by
his website)
I felt like Dinh Ba shouldn't be such a bad choice since he's got experience, is authentic and original. I had checked his previous collections and liked it. The designer himself, Dinh Ba, has quite an interesting journey; he was born in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) in Vietnam and then moved to Montreal when he was 8. His mother worked as a seamstress and by assisting his mother, he discovered his passion for clothing and Fashion at an early age. He went on to study at famed Montreal Collège LaSalle at its school of Design and gratuated in 2000. Prior to his graduation, Dinh Ba represented Canada in Paris at the International Young Creators back in 1998.  He's been selling his own creations since 2004 and has launched his own brand during the same year. Since his arrival in the Fashion industry, Dinh Ba has created 14 collections for women and 7 for men. His collections are usually prêt-à-porter, modern with a sense of business elegance.

Ba claimed his inspirations for his latest collection for February 2011 was a warrior, modern woman as portrayed by Angelina Jolie with a touch of glamour and hotness. The show also featured three male models clad with modern "patchoworks", tweed sweathers and Arabic pants. I was a bit disappointed by the colours though; they were very drab (black, grey, cherry red, offwhite and navy blue). The show was quite short (about 20-25 minutes) but run with high professionalism. I suppose some models might have been amateurs but they all worked their magic and impressed me. I LOVED the music! Lolz! The mixing was über-delicious and reminded me of my night out in an underground club in an abandonned public pool in Berlin last summer! I wish someone could send me the tape! What was a bit obnoxious though is I wanted to go along with a friend to the Fashion show but my mom seemed intrigued and curious about attending it and wanted to come with me. I agreed and thought we'd have a good time but she didn't appreciate it at all! She said it was too expensive, complained about the models' skinniness and found the clothes hideous. I promised myself to go back but with someone else than my mom!!! Oh and damn, there was so many hot men out there! I could barely breathe! There was a male model in the audience (haha how hilarious) whom I recognised since he was featured in the ads of notorious Quebec-based male stores Ernest. Lemme tell ya one thang: brotha is fine! Pics of him are posted below the pics of the Fashion show! Enjoy!

This model was so ugly! I couldn't tolerate the bitchy grin she had on her face!
Plus she walked very oddly: he torso and head were leading back way too much lol.

I love me some black models

I kinda like the clothes but I'm not a big fan of the stained fabrics with white
nor the weird-looking boots

One of the three male models of the show : brotha is fine

Left: the "Patchwork", middle: the dislikeable stained fabric, right: much better

--> Oh and here are the pics of the hot male model who was present (he was my present lol) and who posed for the Ernest campaigns:



--> Images for the Dinh Ba Design Fashion Show are courtesy of the "Mode Montréal" Blog (http://www.modemontreal.tv/) and photos of the Ernest male model are from the Boutiques Ernest website (http://www.ernest.ca/)

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...