Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Song of the Week (Feb 14 (!) to Feb 20)

This is a song I've been hearing on the radio since a good while now but I never got to listen to it on Youtube or download it since I didn't know the title (even though it's obvious) and always forgot to go check it online. I think it's a beautiful love song but I never thought the clip would be like that! Like seriously! It doesn't match the song at all! I would've imagined something cheesy and sugary like a Beyoncé or Mariah video but not a teaser-clip with a fat guy acting all goofy and clumsy!!! That's funny! I like the fact that they didn't take the song too seriously and it makes me realize that love is not just about being perfect with one another, being beautiful and flawless and acting all cheesy as if your relationship had been manufactured in a Mattel factory.

Love is also about friendship, goofiness, funny jokes and moments, intimacy, complicity and letting go of all things too business and society-pre-established rigid molds. I'm all about feeling free with one another, caring and confiding into one another lol! And as the singer says it at the beginning of the clip; she was interested by him even though he wasn't her "type" at all which means you shouldn't label your future love according to his/her skin colour, religion, ethnicity, weight (that one is for me), height or hair or eye colour. It's about diversity and taste! By taste I mean tasting new stuff. Like even if you're attached to the Dairy Queen's delicious ice cream cones, you can still go try the new McFlurry at McDonald's ya know?! Lol I love my bad metaphors! Anyways guys, enjoy this song 'cuz it's my Valentine's Day present to all of you past, current and future readers!

--> "Fallin' For You" by Colbie Caillat:



Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...