Thursday, February 10, 2011

Southern Gayaway

Coercively with what I have told you in my “Summer Nostalgia” article, Mevrouw Huppe and I both met last weekend and booked a one-week Gayaway (I'll be away) to Cayo Guillermo, Cuba!!! How exciting?! I can't wait anymore! We'll be leaving on February 20th and will come back on the 27th, right on time for my classes! By looking at some pictures on the web and at Google maps of the location, it seems paradisiacal!
Our hotel is a 3 and a half star (which I know is no 5 stars) but hey, I know it’s gonna be fun! I mean we only paid $ 750 CAD each! That's nothing especially for that time of the year! I once went to a 3 and a half in Playa Santa Lucia, Cuba when I was 16 years old and it wasn’t that bad. Everybody knows Cuba has some of the best beaches of the World and its people are really hot too! We could compare them to their Brazilian counterparts. I wanna get me some Cuban meat y’know?! Lolz I know that sounds gross and a couple of my friends have told me so but hey, I’m going abroad I mean I wanna have fun! Just like Cindy Lauper sang it back in 1983: “Rodzilla, just wanna have fun”... Not! Anyways, it’s just that I like to taste local flavours ya know! I told Mevrouw Huppe that we need to bring ourselves a pack of condoms each (just in case)... I mean better safe than abstinent hahaha!!!

Cayo Guillermo sounds like a hella good deal; located right between Cayo Coco and Cayo Santa Mariah. I know from good sources that Cayo Coco is stunning and that everybody who’s ever been there loved it. And well as for Cayo Santa Mariah, I spent two weeks there with my family at a 4 and a half stars hotel during the summer after I graduated from High School. The beach was the most gorgeous one I had ever seen! Even on postcards or some shit. I want to go diving and scuba-diving. Oh and I shall not forget to tell you that the hotel provides booze 24/7 (we chose it for that particular reason lol) which means we ain’t gon’ be sober for at least a week lol! My liver better prepare!

I can’t wait to pull a pig outta myself and fill my guts with cheap’N greasy food all week! I promised myself to eat as less carbs as possible and to avoid dessert before leaving; I’m trying to stay become fit and toned. I’m trying to hit the gym as often as I can until my departure because I don’t want to look like a German sausage being roasted by the sun! But once I get there, I won’t give a crap! I told that to Mevrouw Huppe but she told me she didn’t feel the same way; she said she hates Cuban food so much she’ll probably be starving all week. I was like: hell girlfriend, at least you’ll stay tight lol!

The other reason why I want to cut some fat and loose my belly is also because I barely fit into the speedos and trunks I bought last summer! And hell, one is a Punto Blanco de Espana: I OUGHT to fit in it! It’s über-fashionista and molds my butt very firmly lol! It makes it look tighter and more toned. Another “must” when you go down South like that is sunglasses. I had purchased two very hot vintage Carrera shades from eBay but lost the coolest one. Since the other one is purple, I’m not sure I want to wear it all the time; it’s gayer than having a rainbow tattooed on your ankle! Not that I’m ashamed of being gay, I just don’t like to appear too “flaming” y’know wut I’m sayin’?!

One thang that’s got me pessimistic is the fact that our air carrier is CanJet Airlines! My parents traveled with them about a year ago when they went to Riviera Maya, Mexico and had their departure flight delayed by 14 hours!!!! How God-awful?! They had woken up at 4 am, went to the airport (YUL) in time for their 8 am flight and ended up wasting their whole day at the airport eating chicken at the “Rôtisserie Saint-Hubert” and finally hopped on the plane at 10 pm!!!! I felt so bad for them! I hope the same thing won’t happen to us otherwise my teeth will cringe!

--> I need to point out the fact that I have four Midterm exams before leaving including one on a Friday night from 6 to 9... ewww!!! Wish me good luck! I need it, I’m super-stressed! Ciao!

A pic that I took at Cayo Santa Mariah (the real name is Maria
but I call it Mariah 'cuz it makes me think of Mariah Carey), look
at the chrystal-clear water!


Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...