Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Portrait of a Transexual Supermodel : Lea T

Okay this is very exciting!!! There's been a huge buzz surrounding Brazilian Transexual model Lea T's path in the Fashion industry in the last years. And I just love it! I'm not transexual and I don't know any transexual people but I do think it's cool that the industry embraces such difference. As long as I do love flawless princesses like Claudia Schiffer, Elle Macpherson and Christy Turlington, I do believe that sometimes a bit of originality and out-of-the-mould looks work.

Lea T (I guess the T is for transexual) has had a very interesting upbringing: her/his father is notorious Toninho Cerezo, a former soccer player from Brazil. Lea's adolescence has been tumultuous since she grew up in a traditional family and in a country where gay rights are slowly becoming respected. She claims she's felt sexual attraction for both sexes but feels more like a female than a male (she/he was born a male).

Lea's first major campaign was being the face of Givenchy. She/he was first discovered by Givenchy senior designer Riccardo Tisci. Lea now does runway during Fashion weeks accross Europe and Brazil. I love the fact that her presence in the big high Fashion campaigns brings so much drama and controversy! That's Fashion at its best! Plus we really need to give it to her : she looks hella hot as a woman. I think she looks more like a woman than a man but still, I can imagine her with short hair and some peach fuzz on the jaw. Unfortunately (or fortunately?!), Lea wishes to become a full woman and undergo sex reassignment surgery in March 2011 (that's next month!). I think I'd prefer that she/he stays transexual; it's so much more fabulous and mystic. I mean there are plenty of female models in Fashion editorials accross the Globe but not that many transexual ones.

Posted below are some of the most controversial photos of Miss/Mr. Lea T (I'm like Madonna, I like to shock people) and some of the hippest campaigns she/he's been involved in. Notice her resemblance with American diva Cher!

OMG! We clearly see her/his penis and balls on this one!


 



Ik hou van the pic on the right!!!


for Lurve Magazine




Some "hardcore LOVE" with Kate Moss

-->P.S.: I hope you guys love these "editorial articles"; Fashion articles. Because I plan to post more stuff about Fashion in here. I think it blends so well with the rest of my subjects. Let's point it out: Fashion spreads often deal with heavy sexuality and red hot models!

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...