Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The September Issue : An Issue With The Devil

Yo this is a very good film!!! I watched it like three weeks ago and loved it! I liked to watch all of those Fashionistas work and bethink to find inspiration for new Fashion designs and editorials. It's also very interesting to see photographers and stylists prepare before the photoshoots and refine them afterwards. Unlike America's Next Top Model, not only the models' work is valued here and they are actually overshadowed by the true heads of Vogue : Anna Wintour (the devil) and Grace Coddington (the gingerbread). Prior to watching this movie, I didn't even know that Grace Coddington existed lol! But I knew who Anna Wintour was since I had watched The Devil Wears Prada and had read about the movie's plot on the net and got to know it evolved around Anna Wintour's outrageous behaviour and brutal management.

Anna Wintour's first issue for American Vogue (1988)
I find Grace Coddington so lovely and nice! I'd like her to be my aunt! I'm sure she's very approachable and cool. "The Devil" doesn't seem as bad or mean as she's been depicted in The Devil Wears Prada; I just think she's a very serious and stubborn businesswoman. I mean you gotta give it to her : she's worked for Vogue since more than 24 years now, she was the Creative Director of British Vogue before replacing Grace Mirabella as US Vogue's editor in chief. Anna's first issue for American Vogue is the overly infamous 1988 cover featuring Israelian model Michaela Bercu.

Wintour was one of the first Fashion editors to feature non-Fashion models on the cover of her magazine. She is the one responsible for the heavy use of Celebrities on the covers of Fashion magazine stands accross the Globe. She is also one of the first Fashion influences to acknowledge black models as beauties to be featured in ads, campaigns, editorials, runways and to grace magazine covers. I think Anna works it! She's a true inspiration for everyone out there who's interested in Fashion. After watching the movie, I really felt like I'd appreciate working in the Fashion industry. I believe I'd like to be working for a magazine and edit articles and stuff. Maybe I found my career path! I mean I'm currently doing my Bachelor's degree majoring in International Business and have a minor in Marketing. Who knows, maybe the not so glamorous courses I'm taking will lead me into the glitz 'N glam lolz! Enjoy the trailer:


Fashionable BFF and colleagues : Grace Coddington & "The Devil" (Anna Wintour)

This is some funny shiz!!! Dolls of Grace Coddington and Anna Wintour, courtesy of Brooklyn artist Andrew Yang
--> Funny anecdote: Anna Wintour showed up dressed in Prada at The Devil Wears Prada's New York premiere!!! I find that hilarious!

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...