Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Danish Pastry Part 2

There are a few things that went bananas during my five-day trip to Copenhagen; starting with the sauna, then I wanted to feed my growing appetite for sex (not for food, trust me; everything was expensive and plain) so I thought of another way to fulfill it.

That was pretty much the worst idea of my life; I went out taking a walk at midnight at ørstedsparken, a notable park for its gay scene. I was walking quite peacefully when I realized that a creepy fuck was following me since a few minutes, I got nervous and as I terribly needed to pee, I thought it would be bright to go lock myself in the park’s public restrooms to evacuate while he’d get lost.


The Ørstedsparken

Gosh was I dumb to think so! He followed me to these secluded dark washrooms and stayed in while I tried to do a number one. I was so scared that he was a murderer or just some sort of mentally-ill creep with a fixed idea of getting me as dinner. I couldn’t pee and didn’t want to wait too long as I was getting more and more stressed out about the whole situation so I got out of the john real quick, ran outside and left the park in a hurry. No misfortune happened and I’m so thankful! Just imagine having to deal with some sort of crap like that while traveling by yourself in a foreign country without anyone you know!

On my last day in Denmark, I went at a local café to lunch and rest, and met this cute local Danish boy called Kristian. I found him very attractive with his blond hair, light blue eyes, summer tan, cold Danish attitude, square jaw and rough accent. I chatted with him for almost an hour and had a good time. Before walking out, I handed him my email address and so did he with his. I told him we could be pen pals so that next time I’d go to Denmark, I could save my pesos. I then once again naïvely thought something could have happened out of it but nothing materialized.

I need to mention that even if this article sounds like I’m dissing Copenhagen, I quite enjoyed it and felt like it was exotic, special and cool. The city is very pretty and has a lot of historic backgrounds that are rich and rewarding. I particularly enjoyed the harbour, Kastellet, Christianshavn, Kongens Nytorv, the Danish Royal House, Ny Havn, the Vor Frelsers Kirke, Amager Strand Park, the beach in Klampenborg and so much more! My biggest disappointment wasn’t even my misadventures with the Danes themselves (of course not, they’re hot ;-)) but mainly the absence of “The Little Mermaid” statue in the harbour which was in China for the whole length of the Shanghai Expo.

The Little Mermaid being moved from Copenhagen Harbour to China

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...