Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Drag Behaviour

I dated a drag queen last February.

You know how it goes with relationships, you never really know neither what’s happening nor what is about to happen but I think nothing can be more miscellaneous and hazardous than my relationship with that Drag Queen lol!

Her/his name is inspired by his/her native Caribbean island which is the same than Rihanna (Barbados); so let's call that Drag Queen "La Isla Bonita". So everything started when I attended a show at Le Cabaret Mado last February. He/she spotted me in the crowd and went dancing with me and we chatted. He/she/it seemed interested and aroused by me. I felt very flattered and thought about the same regarding him since he/she had a very edible pâté and a Nutella skin tone. Aside from Nutella Versace, Nutella turns me on.

So we sort of flirted and I went to one of his parties (I think I already told you previously). Naïve as I am, I believed we could take that soon-to-be relationship to the next level as he/she had an undergraduate diploma, a full-time job and seemed to quite serious for a Drag Queen. I asked him/her out next week after the party and he/she completely ditched me. I was mad. He/she then texted me and excused him/herself for the inconvenience. I was still upset so I just told him I was going to Vancouver and Seattle the same week so we wouldn’t meet before at least two weeks or so.

He/she never called my back and to be honest, neither did I. I was just too upset about having been ignored so gnarly. I felt like it was his/her turn to contact me. This never happened so we ended up never talking to each other from then until yesterday night! Yup lol, we finally saw each other again. Actually it wasn’t even intentional ‘cuz we had gone to the Cabaret just to have a blast since Fabulous Andy had a friend of hers dancing in the “So We Think We Can Dance” Drag cover. What’s just weird is that “La Isla Bonita” acknowledged my presence in the audience and greeted me during the show, went to chat with me (though very quickly) after it and seemed to be almost glad to see me.

What’s so awkward is that he/she then left the stage and dance floor to go hide backstage. I then saw him/her again as he/she was leaving and he/she totally ignored me and almost looked repentant speaking with me twice in one evening. From now on, I added a rule to my “Misfortune Dating Guide” which goes as follows: “Thou shalt not date nor copulate with a Drag Queen, ye ol’ Stick shalt keep asleep when in presence of they”.

That’s all for now folks, hope you enjoyed the article. I need to mention though that I do not dislike Drag Queens; they’re very entertaining and shit but when it comes to a serious date or potential boyfriend, things get fucked up and I’m never sure of how to act with them: they’re big Drama Queens. The only Drag Queens that seem datable would be RuPaul and NYC’s Hedda Lettuce.

Hedda Lettuce

RuPaul André Charles

Expedia Travel Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...